[Mediawiki-l] Custom footer in pages

Tomás Vírseda kaskaras at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 17:07:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'd be glad if someone could help me with the following question:

Imagine that *some* articles are using a given template. At the end of
this template I have inserted the following code (Facebook comments):

<fb:comments></fb:comments>

When users check a page with that template, first they see is :

1. the template filled with data,
2. then FB comments
3. finally the free text

But I would like they see this:

1. the template filled with data,
2. Free text
3. FB Comments

I think that the best option would be add the code
"<fb:comments></fb:comments>" outside from this template but, where?

Is there any internal template which be loaded at the end of an
article like a footer? I mean something like:

Articles:
- internal header template
- internal content template
- internal footer template

Maybe I'm answering myself but this manual page:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Footer says that I have to modify
skins to achieve it:

"""
To add or remove items from the footer on your MediaWiki page, you
must edit the skin.

For example: if you go in to MonoBook.php (located by default in the
skins folder) you will find the following code:

$footerlinks = array(
	'lastmod', 'viewcount', 'numberofwatchingusers', 'credits', 'copyright',
	'privacy', 'about', 'disclaimer', 'tagline',
);
"""

I don't like it because it would mean that the footer is the same for
all pages and I don't want that.

Is it the only way?

Regards