[Mediawiki-l] Article navigation tabs linking to sub-pages

Thomas Larsen larsen.t at basicprogramming.org
Wed Nov 24 11:02:59 UTC 2010

Hello!

I want to add navigation tabs linking to sub-pages at the top of
*articles* (i.e., pages in the main name-space). In particular, I'd
like to add a "Bib" tab, which would link to <Article>/Bibliography,
and a "Links" tab, which would link to <Article>/Links.

The DynamicTabs extension
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:DynamicTabs) doesn't appear
to provide this functionality---I specifically want tabs that link to
sub-pages of the current article, not to a page of the same base name
in another name-space. (Also, DynamicTabs apparently doesn't work for
the Vector skin.)

The MediaWiki FAQ (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:FAQ) provides
an example that creates a navigation tab linking to the main page, but
I can't figure out how to alter it to link to a sub-page of the
current article---and *only* for articles, as well.

Any ideas? (Ideally, the solution would be skin- and JavaScript-independent.)

Cheers,
Tom.

--
Thomas Larsen