[Mediawiki-l] MS SQL

Gary Roush groush2 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 23 15:24:32 UTC 2010

I am trying to install my first Mediawiki site and have a
problem.  My system settings on ReadyHosting.com indicates that it is
running MySQL version 4.1.22 which meets Mediawiki requirements;
however, when I try to install Mediawiki I get the error message
"Can't connect to MySQL server on 'VMSSQL01'."  Checking to see if I
had the database set up properly, I discovered it is actually MS
SQL.  Will Mediawiki work with MS SQL?  I have not been able to find
a reference to MS SQL in any of the help files.

Thanks,
Gary Roush