[Mediawiki-l] failed Re: how to upgrade running 1.9 to 1.16 withall the extensions

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Thu Nov 18 20:14:19 UTC 2010

>> Regarding Re: [Mediawiki-l] failed Re: how to upgrade running 1.9 to 1.16 withall the extensions; Platonides <Platonides at gmail.com> adds:

   > Frank Ralf wrote:
>> shall I copy the include directory from the old to the new wiki???
   >>
   >> Yes

   > Uh? You should only use the include directory coming with your version.
   > It is the contents of the *extension* directory what you may copy
   > (although better to check if there's a newer version available).

   > Also, that error is often produced by having
   > require_once("extensions/Foo/Foo.php"); instead of
   > require_once("$IP/extensions/Foo/Foo.php");

I think I know whats going on (at least partially).

The LocalSettings.php file contains
require_once("SpecialTexbox.php");

(I don't know why this in I suppose it has to do with
turning the latex support on.)

In any case in mediawiki 1.9 SpecialTexbox.php is in the
*include* directory.

And indeed no typo, I copied the include directory from 1.9
to 1.16 (making the upgrade most likely useless.) But then
the update _"worked_"

So I either

    - could just copy   the  SpecialTexbox.php   to the   include
      directory of 1.16

    - or comment out that line in LocalSettings.php

Any suggestions what is  better?

Uwe Brauer