[Mediawiki-l] Server Migration Issues

trueskew trueskew at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 00:20:07 UTC 2010

Yesterday I set up a new server and migrated my site from

   MediaWiki 1.16.0
   PHP       5.2.10-pl0-gentoo (apache2handler)
   MySQL     5.0.70
   2.6.21-gentoo-r4

   MediaWiki 1.16.0
   PHP       5.3.3 (apache2handler)
   MySQL     5.1.52
   2.6.18-194.26.1.el5PAE (CentOS 5.5 i386)

For the most part things have worked, but so far I've found 2 exceptions
(I'm using monobook):

- Code in Common.css doesn't seem to be running.  Some style changes that
were init failed, for the moment I've had to update some monobook skin files
directly.

- When I typed a term in the previous sidebar searchbox, it would show a
dropdown list of items matching the pattern I typed in.  On the new one, no
pattern shows up.

Has anyone else seen similar behavior, and have you figured out why?  I'm
not sure how to deal with this, and I'd hate to have to downgrade PHP if I
can avoid it.  I did the same migration to an Ubuntu 10.04 machine, it
transferred over and ran fine.

Thanks for any feedback, I appreciate it.
- skew