[Mediawiki-l] Kubuntu 10.04 with php 5.3 can't install mediawiki 1.9

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Tue Nov 16 17:15:45 UTC 2010

Hello

I know mediawiki 1.9 is ancient but I have a running
installation with quite some extension which I would like to
export to a different machine which unfortunately must run
Kubuntu 10.04.

When I try to run 1.9 it does not work and I when I try to
install it from scratch I see the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_NAMESPACE, expecting
T_STRING in /var/www/wiki/includes/Namespace.php on line 46

I presume this is hopeless?!

Any advice is strongly appreciated

Uwe Brauer