[Mediawiki-l] Search fails after MediaWiki 1.9.2 -> 1.16.0 upgrade

roger at rogerchrisman.com roger at rogerchrisman.com
Mon Nov 15 21:10:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

Two weeks ago I upgraded my wiki, http://wikigogy.org, from MediaWiki
1.9.2 to 1.16.0.

Maintenance/update.php ran fine (after I removed the leading './' from
the path to Bad Behavior in LocalSettings.php which had thrown a
warning the first time through).

I now see that _search_ is not finding all pages it should: I _think_
search is finding only pages that have been edited post upgrade!

Example:

First this search found only one page:
http://wikigogy.org/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&redirs=1&search=approach+and+method&fulltext=Search&ns0=1

       [[Natural approach]]

Then I did a trivial edit at the end of another page that I knew
search should have found, [[Method, approach and strategy]], repeated
the same search and it found both:

       [[Natural approach]]
       [[Method, approach and strategy]]

Any idea why this is happening?

Is there a maintenance script I can run that will "touch" every page
on my wiki so that search will search them all again as usual?

A better way to solve this?

I have shell access to my wiki server and will happily provide any
additional info that will help solve this puzzle.

My LocalSettings.php has nothing about "Search" in it, but in contains
the word "Cache" here:

## Shared memory settings
$wgMainCacheType = CACHE_NONE;
$wgMemCachedServers = array();

and there:

# When you make changes to this configuration file, this will make
# sure that cached pages are cleared.
$configdate = gmdate( 'YmdHis', @filemtime( __FILE__ ) );
$wgCacheEpoch = max( $wgCacheEpoch, $configdate );

Is that relevant in any way?

Thank you,

Roger Chrisman --Wikigogy.org
MediaWiki 	1.16.0