[Mediawiki-l] Searching a page

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 18:13:44 UTC 2010

If I use the search box on the left of the wiki, it seems to search the
entire wiki.

For example, from here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx

If I search "xml", it will find things above the page in the directory
hierarchy. Is there a way to search "only this page and below", or even
something like search only on this page? Our instructions currently read
"Use ctrl+f to search for something on this page", but that seems a bit
hacky. Or is there another way to add a separate text box at the top of the
page that will perform this ctrl+f style search?
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx>
Thanks,

David