[Mediawiki-l] Multiple wikis, one login

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Wed May 26 15:28:46 UTC 2010

I'm setting up a wiki family, one wiki per (spoken) language: en.mywiki.com, fr.mywiki.com, de.wiki.com, etc.  When somebody logs into the English wiki (for example), I want them also logged into the Spanish, French, and German (etc) wikis. So a single visit to any login page is enough.

What's the best way to make this work?

FYI, we're using the LDAPauthentication extension with Active Directory.  I've tried Plexcel (a single sign-on system for Active Directory) which I thought would solve our problems, but it couldn't support our fairly strange Active Directory setup.

I looked at $wgSharedDB but it still requires a separate login per wiki.

Anybody tried http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Windows_NTLM_LDAP_Auto_Auth?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
DanB