[Mediawiki-l] wgEnableScaryTranscluding and Templates/Images?

Jim Tittsler jt at OnNZ.net
Sun May 23 22:57:17 UTC 2010

On 2010-05-22 05:27, Platonides wrote:
> Jim Tittsler wrote:
[...]
>> If I include a template like {{we:Objective|Think}} the text of the
>> template is included in my page as I had hoped.  But:
>>  1. the parameter reference doesn't appear to get substituted, it
>> renders as {{{1}}}
>>  2. if the template (or other page I try to transclude) includes
>> images, they render as broken images
>
> Try with {{raw:we:Objective|Think}}.

That generates an error message:

Template fetch failed for
http://wikieducator.org/Template:Objective?action=raw]

Fetching
http://wikieducator.org/index.php?action=raw&title=Template:Objective
with wget does appear to give me the raw template (with a MIME type of
text/x-wiki).

Is some additional configuration necessary for Mediawiki 1.15.3?

>> In an attempt to fix the second problem, folks on #mediawiki suggested
>> I setup a foreign file repo.  That does allow me to transparently
>> reference images that exist in the main wiki, but does not seem to
>> affect the rendering of images in transcluded templates and pages.
>> (Meaning [[Image:Objective.gif]] works, but if Template:Objective
>> references that image, it is broken when the template is pulled across
>> the interwiki reference above.)
>
> Setting an absolute path for $wgUploadPath in the target wiki would
> solve this.

Thanks, that fixed the problem with broken images in interlanguage
transcluded pages.