[Mediawiki-l] renaming mysql tables name

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Thu May 20 07:34:14 UTC 2010

Hello,
in my center the previous persons which managed Mediawiki created the
main tables with a prefix namespace like this:

| tier1operationsarchive           |
| tier1operationsblobs             |
| tier1operationsbrokenlinks       |
| tier1operationscategory          |
| tier1operationscategorylinks     |
| tier1operationschange_tag        |
| tier1operationscur

etc...

I wanted to ask if it is possible for me to change all the tables name
into something more readable like the default
mediawiki tables remoing the awful prefix:

archive
blobs
brokenlinks
category
categorylinks

or if this operation is somewhat dangerous.

I also wanted to ask if it is possible for me to delete tables which are
not used anymore by Mediawik
and they are slso empty, like:

mysql> select * from tier1operationsblobs;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

thnk you very much

Rick