[Mediawiki-l] Best way to migrate from 1.6 to 1.15

Jesse (Pathoschild) pathoschild at gmail.com
Tue May 4 03:32:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Toshi Esumi <email at toshiesumi.com> wrote:
> We finally got a new Linux based server (running on VMware) to migrate
> our current v1.6 wiki for our company knowledge-base to.
> [...]
> Does anybody have suggestions for the migration procedure? Or can
> anybody point me to a wiki page(s) where I can find the info I'm looking
> for?

Hello Toshi,

This is a major upgrade. Make sure to back up your files and database
before starting. You can try upgrading directly from 1.6 to 1.15, but
this has a good chance of failing. Consider upgrading in several steps
(eg, 1.6 to 1.8 to 1.10, etc). Perhaps someone more knowledgeable
about MediaWiki versions can suggest the minimum safe version steps.

--
Yours cordially,
Jesse (Pathoschild)