[Mediawiki-l] Resolving or fixing Wiki page names with a leading colon or invalid namespaces?

ccornell - OpenOffice.org ccornell at openoffice.org
Mon Mar 29 12:30:18 UTC 2010

Somehow, there is a page on the OpenOffice.org Wiki that has a leading
colon.  See this Category:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Category:PDL_License

The page in question is the first page in that category list:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/:Calc_Error_Codes

Of course when you click the link it resolves to a page without the
leading colon, which fits with the documentation I found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Naming_conventions_(technical_restrictions)#Colons

As well, we've got two pages that seem to have invalid namespaces.  The
first two pages listed here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:UncategorizedPages

Is there any way to move these page to the "right" name.. ie a page
without the leading colon so that it resolves to a real Wiki page? and a
pages without the broken/nonexistent namespace?

I've tried a few things that have worked in the past with broken pages -
eg the pywikipediabot, but so far... no success.

Maybe an API call? or is this something that would take direct database
tinkering to "fix"?

C.
Clayton Cornell       ccornell at openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead