[Mediawiki-l] full-text search integration

Gabriel Filion gabriel.filion at revolutionlinux.com
Thu Mar 25 16:34:20 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am currently running a mediawiki as a company intranet. We currently
use the spinxsearch engine to index contents from the Mediawiki and
perform full-text search on wiki pages. We would like to index contents
from other tools/web sites as well.

I didn't look into sphinxsearch's features, so I don't know if it is
capable of indexing more than one database with more than one schema.
(i.e. indexing from mediawiki, drupal, an sqlite datase from some random
application and so on)

Apache solr seems to be able to do just this. Has anyone managed to
integrate search results from Apache solr into Mediawiki? I've found the
extension Extension:EzMwLucene. Can it work with solr or is it specific
to plain Lucene?

--
Gabriel Filion