[Mediawiki-l] Statistics

Sam.Sexton at thomsonreuters.com Sam.Sexton at thomsonreuters.com
Thu Mar 25 09:24:45 UTC 2010

Hi again,

It's bugged me for a while that the statistics shown in
Special:Statistics bear little resemblance to the real situation. I'm on
1.13.0 and wondered whether this situation has been improved in later
releases, as I've now been asked to report the stats on a monthly basis.

Examples of the discrepancies are (database/reported): Users 879/388
(userlist shows 879); Pages 5062/1910; Images 1054/923 - but in the
images dir,   <find ? -type f | wc -l>  only found 1024 - should I be
worried by that discrepancy or could it be associated with the fact that
directory 5/5f is not there?

Thanks in advance,

/Sam

Sam Sexton