[Mediawiki-l] Unable to start using JWBF to update my MediaWiki

Alex Shapovalov shapov1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:51:47 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am attempting to start a new project using the JWBF framework.
Looking at this site:
http://jwbf.sourceforge.net/pw/index.php?n=Site.GettingStarted

I am unable to follow the Getting Started documentation. Right from
the get go, I see that it references the class
net.sourceforge.jwbf.bots.MediaWikiBot

However, I am using the latest SNAPSHOT build (1.3.2-SNAPSHOT) and
don’t even see that class in there. Furthermore, I brought the project
trunk down from subversion and don’t see it there either. I don’t even
see the net.sourceforge.jwbf.bots package. I DO see the
net.sourceforge.jwbf.mediawiki.bots.MediaWikiBot class, however when I
try to instantiate that class with a the Wikipedia site I get a
NullPointerException.

Stacktrace for the exception is as follows:

      at net.sourceforge.jwbf.core.actions.HttpActionClient.<init>(HttpActionClient.java:97)
      at net.sourceforge.jwbf.core.actions.HttpActionClient.<init>(HttpActionClient.java:76)
      at net.sourceforge.jwbf.core.bots.HttpBot.setConnection(HttpBot.java:196)
      at net.sourceforge.jwbf.core.bots.HttpBot.setConnection(HttpBot.java:124)
      at net.sourceforge.jwbf.core.bots.HttpBot.<init>(HttpBot.java:49)
      at net.sourceforge.jwbf.mediawiki.bots.MediaWikiBot.<init>(MediaWikiBot.java:98)
      at my.project.package.wiki.WikiManager.main(WikiManager.java:11)
      at net.sourceforge.jwbf.JWBF.<clinit>(JWBF.java:49)
      ... 7 more

I looked in the latest production build and DID see the
net.sf.jwbf.bots.MWB class in there, however we would obviously like
to use the latest version of the code, especially since it is created
using Maven. Could you please direct me on any differences between the
getting started documentation on the site and usage of the most recent
versions of jwbf?

Any help on the subject is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.