[Mediawiki-l] Capital Letters in navigation etc.

wikipax kevin.kueper at meypack.de
Mon Mar 15 10:12:57 UTC 2010

Katharina Wolkwitz <wolkwitz <at> fh-swf.de> writes:

> Hi Peter,
>
> since I'm suffering the same problem I tried your tipp and commented out all
> occurrences of "text-transform:lowercase;" in main.css, but to no avail.
> All text in the "edit-tabs" and also the words "navigation", "suche" and
> "werkzeuge" in the sidebar stay lowercase.
>
> Should I replace "text-transform:lowercase;" with something different and if
> yes, with what exactly?
>
> Cheers
> Katharina Wolkwitz

Morning,
I've got it now. In the main.css (of the skin you are using or which doesnt
appear correctly) you have to edit, outcomment the following lines:
.portlet h5 {
	background: transparent;
	padding: 0 1em 0 .5em;
	display: inline;
	height: 1em;
-->	/*text-transform: lowercase;     Navigation left site: Themenbereiche,
Navigation, Suche, Werkzeuge*/
	font-size: 91%;
	font-weight: normal;
	white-space: nowrap;
}

.portlet h6 {
	background: #ffae2e;
	border: 1px solid #2f6fab;
	border-style: solid solid none solid;
	padding: 0 1em 0 1em;
-->	/*text-transform: lowercase;  Don't know what this stands for*/
	display: block;
	font-size: 1em;
	height: 1.2em;
	font-weight: normal;
	white-space: nowrap;
}

#p-personal ul {
	/*text-transform: lowercase;  Usermenue: Eigene Diskussionen, Einstellungen,
Beobachtungsliste*/
}

#p-cactions li a {
	/*text-transform: lowercase;          Tabheadings in top: Seite, Diskussion,
Bearbeiten... */
}

In my case this works fine. Strangely it happened after an update from 1.14 to
1.15.1 and just only with the monobook skin. All other skins work correctly.
Hope this will work for you too.
Good Luck