[Mediawiki-l] Broken database, for sure (was Wrong database, maybe)

Javier Bezos jbezos at fundeu.es
Fri Mar 12 10:55:57 UTC 2010

> When we have had problems it was easier to dump database to sql statements,
> drop database, recreate with media wiki setup with all correct settings and
> restore the data without drop table instructions.

Sounds sensible. Thank you.

Unfortutately, as a consequence of one of their changes, data has
been partially lost (apparently only redirects and a few templates and
images) and I think several tables are corrupted in the sense they
contain data which shouldn't be there, so I'm even considering an
export and then and import (with history, of course) for articles and
the like, and only resort to the database for users (this table seems
ok) and the like (just brainstrorming). <sigh>

Javier