[Mediawiki-l] Coloring Cells in Tables

Tech Geek techgeek12345 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 01:10:07 UTC 2010

So I am trying to achieve the same thing as the OP of this thread wanted
[1].

Basically, to get "green" color for "yes" and "red" color for "no" in the
cells just like a standard comparison table on the Internet Wikipedia [2].
So I defined my table (simpliefied example) in the wiki page as follow:

{| cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" border="1" class="wikitable sortable"
|-
! A
! B
|-
| {{Yes}}
| {{No}}
|}

Obviously nothing happened with the above code i.e. I did not get any green
or red background color in the cell. In an expected manner wiki engine
displayed "Yes" and "No" with a "wanted link".

Now I am not sure if I have to create Templates called Template:Yes and
Template:No? And if I do have to create these templates, what should be the
content of those templates?

I am using MediaWiki 1.12 version.

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/mediawiki-l@lists.wikimedia.org/msg03986.html