[Mediawiki-l] Question about page protection

Vadtec vadtec at vadtec.net
Wed Jun 30 17:12:12 UTC 2010

Adam,

Thanks for the response. I haven't heard of the snoopy class, so I will look
into that.

Yes, I do agree that if I am editing the page it is easiest to just click
protect and move on. The idea is, I want the tag itself to protect the page
(probably via an option) so that I can drop it on my wiki and not have to do it
manually. This really is more an exercise in getting comfortable with MediaWiki
extension writing, as I will most likely end up writing more. There is a project
I will be working on in the next few weeks that would benefit greatly from such
an ability, so maybe I can work something out. I'll be sure to post on the list
if I do.

Vadtec