[Mediawiki-l] "INDEX command denied"

Daniel Walz daniel.walz at gmx.de
Mon Jun 21 20:06:02 UTC 2010

Domas Mituzas schrieb am 21.06.2010 11:17:

> On Jun 20, 2010, at 6:12 PM, Daniel Walz wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I got THAT.
>> I have some more MySQL databases on that server and until now, I had no
>> problem to create indexes on my tables. So I don't understand why that's
>> a problem in this script.
>
> It is not a problem in this script. It is a problem in this user's permissions.

It seems so. My hoster worte me an email that he gave me the permission
now (I didn't know that it needs extra permissions to create an index
for an database - strange), but it still doesn't work.

> 'SHOW GRANTS' for multiple users and compare.

Thanks, that helped a lot:

GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, ALTER, CREATE
TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES ON `usr\_web468\_3`.* TO
'web468'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION

In fact, he gave me the right for all my databases except that one I
used for mediawiki. I hope he fixes it tomorrow.

> OTOH, maybe you never created indexes before, hehehehe.

Could have been, but - yes, I did ;-)

Daniel