[Mediawiki-l] "INDEX command denied"

Daniel Walz daniel.walz at gmx.de
Sun Jun 20 10:42:34 UTC 2010

    Hello,

    when I try to install mediawiki, I get the following error:

        * PHP 5.2.10-2ubuntu6.4 installed
        * Found database drivers for: MySQL SQLite
        * PHP server API is cgi-fcgi; using ugly URLs
(index.php?title=Page_Title)
        * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
        * Session save path (/var/lib/php5) appears to be valid.
        * PHP's memory_limit is 64M.
        * Couldn't find Turck MMCache, eAccelerator, APC or XCache;
cannot use these for object caching.
        * Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
        * Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will
be enabled if you enable uploads.
        * Found GD graphics library built-in.
        * Installation directory: /var/www/web468/html/phys-med.de
        * Script URI path:
        * Installing MediaWiki with php file extensions
        * Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
        * Generating configuration file...
        * Database type: MySQL
        * Attempting to connect to database server as web468...success.
        * Connected to mysql 5.1.37-1ubuntu5.1; enabling MySQL 4.1/5.0
charset mode
        * Database usr_web468_3 exists
        * Creating tables...Query "CREATE UNIQUE INDEX user_name ON
`user` (user_name) " failed with error code "INDEX command denied to
user 'web468'@'localhost' for table 'user' (localhost)".

    It's a hosted site, I have PhpMyAdmin if that helps. What can I do?

    Thanks,
    Daniel
--
    MediaWiki 1.15.4 | PHP 5.2.10-2ubuntu6.4 | mysql 5.1.37-1ubuntu5.1