[Mediawiki-l] TNG integration Solved

Henny Savenije webmaster at henny-savenije.pe.kr
Wed Jun 9 09:24:57 UTC 2010

>This has probably got to do with the permissions of the user you use
>to look at the tables. Try connecting with the same user as given in
>the LocalSettings. Then you should be able to see all mediawiki
>tables.

Actually it was a bit more complicated. The wiki database had all the
table files and there were only .frm files. So there was only one
file for every table.

The TNG installation has three physical files (don't ask me why) they
were .frm, .MYD and .MYI I have no idea what the latter two do.

I decided to make a dump of the Wiki database and try to import it
into the TNG database and even though the dump was 5 Mb (MySQL tells
you that a file can't be bigger than 2.4 Mb) the import went fine and
suddenly the tables were also visible in MySQL

Problem solved and who knows someone might benefit from the solution.

                  _   _
                 (o) (o)
      oOOO----(_)----OOOo---
Henny (Lee Hae Kang)
-----------------------------
http://www.henny-savenije.pe.kr Portal to all my sites
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Feel free
to discover Korea with Hendrick Hamel (1653-1666)
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/indexk2.htm In Korean
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/Dutch In Dutch
http://www.vos.henny-savenije.pe.kr Frits Vos Article about Witsen
and Eibokken and his first Korean-Dutch dictionary
http://www.cartography.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Korea
through Western Cartographic eyes
http://www.hwasong.henny-savenije.pe.kr Hwasong the fortress in Suwon
http://www.oldKorea.henny-savenije.pe.kr Old Korea in pictures