[Mediawiki-l] deploy wiki tree?

Quiring, Sam Sam.Quiring at windriver.com
Wed Jul 28 15:04:41 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I'm new to this list.  We keep the user and internal documentation for
our software product in Mediawiki.  It works very well, thanks.  What we
would like to do is take a snapshot of the user doc tree rooted at a
specific Mediawiki page.  We would like the snapshot to be a complete
self-contained set of HTML pages we could ship with the product --
possibly with a Mediawiki reading tool if necessary.  The user could
point his browser at the snapshot and get the same pages we see.  I
realize that there could be many difficulties creating such a snapshot,
but I'm hoping the tool would have constraining options (e.g., specify a
list of URL prefixes - only pages that have one of these prefixes are
included in the snapshot, others are listed/noted as warnings by the
tool).

Is there an existing tool or script that does this?

Thanks.

-Sam