[Mediawiki-l] How to enable new features of MW 1.16?

Lane, Ryan Ryan.Lane at ocean.navo.navy.mil
Mon Jul 19 13:52:18 UTC 2010

> If I'm reading
> <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:UsabilityInitiative#I
> nstallation_5>
> correctly, then the default values are ...
>
> $wgVectorModules['collapsiblenav']['user'] = false;
> $wgVectorModules['collapsiblenav']['global'] = true;
>
> ... which means to me: "collapsiblenav enabled, each user has to
> turn it explicitly on".
>
> I put this ...
>
> $wgVectorModules['collapsiblenav']['user'] = true;
> $wgVectorModules['collapsiblenav']['global'] = true;
>
> ... to my LocalConfig and checked that 'collapsiblenav' is enabled
> in my own settings.
>
> Nevertheless there's no collapsing menu entries. What I'm doing wrong?

Collapsible nav doesn't work in 1.16 without modifying the Javascript.

To fix this, replace all instances of #mw-panel with #panel in
Vector/Vector.combined.min.js, Vector/Vector.combined.js,
Vector/Modules/CollapsibleNav/CollapsibleNav.js, css/combined.min.css,
css/combined.css, and css/vector.collapsibleNav.css.

Respectfully,

Ryan Lane