[Mediawiki-l] Permissions and Security

Łukasz Garczewski tor at wikia-inc.com
Sun Jul 18 21:42:30 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM, B. M. Whealton
<bwhealton at futurewavedesigns.com> wrote:
> How does one setup a media wiki that has protection against persons who
> would want to post very inappropriate material?  I know that many wiki
> software engines do have permission settings to only allow registered
> users the ability to edit the wiki.  Unfortunately, that has been my
> need and concern.

Hey Bruce,
welcome to the world of MediaWiki. ;) You'll find the answer to your
question in the FAQ:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:FAQ#How_can_I_prevent_editing_by_anonymous_users.3F

Of course, I don't know the reason why you want to limit editing to
registered users only. It might be that you need something else, e.g.
captcha-based edit filtering to protect you from spam.

Please take a while to read through http://mediawiki.org/ and the
manuals there. You will find the answers to the most common questions
there.

Feel free to drop a mail our way if you don't find what your looking
for in the documentation, though.

Good luck!

--
Lucas 'TOR' Garczewski