[Mediawiki-l] Resetting Special Statistics

Sullivan, James (NIH/CIT) [C] sullivan at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jul 16 18:15:39 UTC 2010

Howdy,

I'm trying to reset the values on the Special:Statistics page to 0.  After banging my head against the Mediawiki website and google for an answer I have not been able to find a way.  The maintenance script "clear_stats.php" says it resets the values, but when I run it they are not changed.  I also tried initStats.php, but nothing changed with that either.

I believe clear_stats.php is what should work since it is described as "Resets statistics in the Special:Statistics page", which sounds like exactly what I need, yet nothing happens when I run it.  In the script it says it removes all statistics tracking from memcached, which is probably not the same as resetting the values to 0.

The initStats.php is described within the script as "re-initialize or update the site statistics table", which I assume means to flush the cache to update the table.  So this probably is not what I need either.

Anyone know of a way to reset the statistics to 0?  I guess I could go into the DB and do it manually, but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Thanks for any advice in advance...
-Jim