[Mediawiki-l] Changing the server IP in Wiki pages

Varnit Suri varnit.suri at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 00:38:11 UTC 2010

Happy Tuesday everyone,

This is really the first time I 'm posting to this list since I figured this
to be the best forum after reading
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mailing_lists.

So I 've been using MediaWiki for a while now, and all the links in the Wiki
contain the IP address of the Wiki server (in red below). For instance:

Quick start document for adding/deleting circuits
[[http://10.32.6.11/wiki/images/9/96/MegaVision-QuickStart.doc
QuickStart]]

Now the server IP address 10.32.6.11 will no longer be available for use,
and needs to be changed. The Wiki is full of such links, and I think all
these links will become inaccessible after the Wiki Server IP is changed.

I am trying to find a way to change all these links to use the new server IP
(something similar to a grand global find-and-replace). I read the
instructions on "Moving a Wiki" at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Moving_a_wiki, but it really does not
talk about this problem.

I have 3 questions:

1. How do I do this? Where is all this text stored?
2. Is a global find-and-replace the best solution, or is there an
alternative?
3. Was there a way I could 've avoided using the server IP in these links?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Suri