[Mediawiki-l] Style pages based on category, possible?

Bernard@bernardHulsman.nl bernard at bernardhulsman.nl
Wed Jan 27 13:01:53 UTC 2010

Jean-Marc,

Yes it is. See http://handleiding.wikiation.nl/MediaWiki:Common.css for
the definition and
http://handleiding.wikiation.nl/Niveau_2_infobox_gebruiken for the
implementation of that definition.

I use it to mark pages with a "Timecode". Normal pages are "now", but
some are "Timecode-future". The content is written but not yet
implemented in the real live. So I add this category. If the content is
"now", the only thing I have to do is remove the category.

But be aware. A category may have multiple parents in MediaWiki. If you
use multiple parents AND you use multiple styles, then the result will
be unpredictable.

Good luck.

Bernard