[Mediawiki-l] Google Summer of Code 2010

jeroen De Dauw jeroen_dedauw at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 02:04:50 UTC 2010

Hey all,

Google Summer of Code 2010 [0] has been announced [1] by Google's open source team.

I'm assuming Wikimedia Foundation will again apply as mentoring organization this year. Can anybody confirm this? Also, who is (or will be) coordinating GSoC efforts? I have several suggestions to improve how things are done compared to last year, and am willing to help :)

I'd also like to point out that WE NEED MENTORS. Last year the amount of students that could be accepted, and therefore projects that could be done, was limited by the amount of available mentors, and currently only Yaron Koren has signed up. I'm fairly certain there are a lot of awesome people in the community who would want to mentor a student though. If you are one of them, please add your name to the list of the GSoC 2010 page [2]. Also, please add any idea's you have for projects to this page.

[0]http://code.google.com/soc/
[1]http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-discuss/browse_thread/thread/33f783acdf353fba/068f1741e6e0348b?show_docid=068f1741e6e0348b

[2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2010

Cheers

--

Jeroen De Dauw

* Wiki: wiki.bn2vs.com
* Blog: blog.bn2vs.com

* Skype: rts.bn.vs
--

Don't panic. Don't be evil.70 72 6F 67 72 61 6D 6D 69 6E 67 20 34 20 6C 69 66 65!