[Mediawiki-l] Anonymous editing to user talk page

Ekompute .info ekompute at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 01:11:02 UTC 2010

Thanks Platonides for your reply. I think I did not make myself clear
enough. I have already protected the whole website to prevent editing. Now I
want to create one window through my user talk page (User_Talk:Admin) to
allow others to write to me as feedback.

I scanned the internet but I could only find solutions to do the reverse,
ie. all pages open to editing but some pages protected. My situation is
exactly the reverse. I just want only one page to be open to anonymous
editing (after I disabled all pages) as I don't have the resource to check
for vandalism.

PM Poon

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Platonides <Platonides at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ekompute .info wrote:
> > Hi, presently I have disabled account creation because I do not forsee
> > anyone will contribute. However, I would like to allow anonymous comments
> > forwarded to my user page which is at "Perbincangan Pengguna:Admin
> (bahagian
> > baru)", meaning "User Talk:Admin (new section). How do I do it?
>
> You could allow anonymous editing but disable all namespaces but user
> talk ($wgNamespaceProtection).

PM Poon

* http://dummipedia.org The 5-Minute Concise Encyclopedia
* http://dummipedia.com The Dummipedia Amazon Online Store