[Mediawiki-l] Strange string (UNIQ3e6d296734fe3fa4-h-0--QINU) in front of headlines?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Jan 20 17:53:23 UTC 2010

> From: "Christensen, Courtney" <ChristensenC at battelle.org>
>
> From: Claus Juhl Knudsen Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:15 AM
>> The following string (UNIQ3e6d296734fe3fa4-h-0--QINU) is appended
>> right in
>> front of an 'h1'-tag on my wikis homepage (see:
>> http://www.wikisilkeborg.dk/index.php5/Forside) and again below,
>> where I'm
>> using the extension "NewPages" to display a list of the 10 most
>> recent
>> articles. Does anybody know what the problem might be? Any thoughts
>> are more
>> than welcome as this problem relates to the mainpage.
>>
>> UNIQ3e6d296734fe3fa4-h-0--QINU
>> --
>> Claus Juhl Knudsen
>
> That string is a place holder that the parser puts in under certain
> circumstances.  Sometimes it only shows up the first time the page
> is parsed (try hard refreshing).  Other times you are stuck with
> it.  It usually has to do with how text is rendered through an
> extension.

Aw man, I struggled with that for DAYS a few months ago!

I was using the <tasks>...</tasks> extension, and using it in an
indented list of any sort would break indenting, which rendered it
useless for us. I finally this "UNIQ-QINU" crap, which was inserting a
newline BEFORE indented lists were being parsed, which of course re-
set the indentation level.

I commented it out of includes/parser/Parser.php, and that doesn't
seem to have broken anything else, and now <tasks> work properly in
indented lists.