[Mediawiki-l] Wiki Main is not at home of Web Server

Toshi Esumi email at toshiesumi.com
Wed Jan 20 05:08:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

I can imagine this had been asked many times in this list. But I don't
seem to be able to find the same question in the archives.

I installed v1.15.1 into my OpenSuSE 11.1 under /srv/www/wiki directory.
It works fine if I point the Document root of httpd(apache2)
to /srv/www/wiki. But it doesn't work if I point it to somewhere else,
like /srv/www, and create an index.html there then set a link <a
href="./wiki">. It gives me "Object not found" because it tries
opening /localhost/index.php5/Main_Page, instead
of /localhost/wiki/index.php5/Main_Page.

I assume I just need to adjust some PHP variables in LocalSettings.php
but I don't know which ones and how. Can anybody point me to the right
direction?

Thanks,

Toshi