[Mediawiki-l] Please convince me to make my software open source

nevio carlos de alarcão nevinhoalarcao at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 16:39:11 UTC 2010

Dear Bernard,
It's hard for senior executives to imagine a world where their company could
lose control, Wikinomics book by Dan Tapscott ans Anthony Williams say, but
it's just what we live for: making the world a better place and things
easier for all. Please, consider making your property sofware open source.
Many people would be benefitted.
Best regards,
Névio

2010/1/18 Bernard at bernardHulsman.nl <bernard at bernardhulsman.nl>

> We have build many extensions to improve the functionality of MediaWiki.
> It is for
> Enterprise use as Knowledge management infrastructure. The name of the
> extensions and additional
> functionality is Wikibox Blue. The software is propriety.
>
> It can be hosted as SAAS
>
> Today there has been a request if automatic signing of thread is
> possible in the discussion page.
> This is standard functionality in WikiForum. Which can be used in the
> talk namespace.
>
> But it is propriety software. So it can not be used.
>
> My question is here : Please convince me I have to make my propriety
> software open source.
>
> With some conditions :
> *I decide if I make Wikibox Blue Open source
> *I decide when Wikibox Blue will be Open source
> *I decide on which conditions Wikibox Blue will be open source.
>
> If you respect these conditions please try to convince me I should do
> it. Keep in mind it is a
> mayor step for me and my company.
>
> Bernard Hulsman

{+}Nevinho