[Mediawiki-l] Signing text automatically in discussion page

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 16:30:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM, nevio carlos de alarcão
<nevinhoalarcao at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Finding where your signature should go is extremely hard if you want
>>
> to cover all cases.
>
> Sorry if I misunderstood, but shouldn't it always go on the final of the
> message written?

If everyone would orderly append an answer at the end, then yes. But
people will reply In the middle of a thread, edit their own or other
people's previous text (e.g. to fix typos or links), remove content
etc.

That's the basic problem when using a wiki as a discussion forum - the
discussion is still a wiki page with indented lines.

Cheers,
Magnus