[Mediawiki-l] postgres upgrade

Scott Brunza scottso at sonalysts.com
Wed Jan 13 15:35:59 UTC 2010

I'm in the middle of a server migration, and decided to upgrade my instance of mediawiki and postgres to versions 1.15.1 and 8.3.8 (stock SLES11 version) respectively.  pg_dumps, restores, and db admin is nothing new to me, but I can't for the life of me get my instance (MW 1.9.3 and pg 8.1.11) into the new postgres.  I've even tried moving from 8.1 to 8.2 as an intermediate step before going to 8.3.  Nothing is working for me.  Can someone clarify the steps for me?  I have read the Manual:Upgrading_Postgres page.

-B-

--- Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow ---
Scott Brunza           860.326.3637         scottso at sonalysts.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be  proprietary
and are  intended solely for the use of the  individual or entity
to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this  e-mail in
error please notify the sender.