[Mediawiki-l] Skin tweaking issue

Ron Laufer gonzoron at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 4 16:55:16 UTC 2010

I've taken the default Monobook skin and inverted and tweaked most of the colors in the css to get a "dark" look for my horror-themed wiki.  ( http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/wiki ) But some of the links aren't following the "a" color defined in the css.  I have this in the css:a {	text-decoration: none;	color: #989cff;	background: none;}

and most links took the lighter blue color, except the personal toolbar links in the upper right (my preferences, my watchlist, etc)

Looking in the source of the page, those links are in

but the links themselves have no class.  (some links in there have class "new" if they don't point to anything yet)

I see in the css this code:
a.new, #p-personal a.new {
         color: #ba0000;
}

which does seem to affect the "new" links in p-personal, but I tried adding this:
#p-personal a {	color: #989cff;}

to get the classless links, but it didn't work.

Any ideas?
Ron -- Ron Laufer