[Mediawiki-l] Order of 1st-2nd names of persons in pagetitles and category list

Giuseppe Briotti g.briotti at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:25:06 UTC 2010

> Hi Courtney,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Strange though that nobody has made this extension so far. The proper data
> is already available in the {{DEFAULTSORT:surname, given name}} which we
> should be able to keep updated.
>
> Bjorn

In this case I adopted a little different approach:

1. In each Author pages I created a template for classification (say,
a table with few key-value pairs as firstname, second name, country,
date of birth and so on)

2. using Dynamic Page List extension I create a list of articles
sorted as I like

Same approach can be useful for books too...

G.

--

Giuseppe Briotti
g.briotti at gmail.com