[Mediawiki-l] Doing external AJAX from an extension

Jack Park jackpark at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 20:58:27 UTC 2010

I thought this would be easy. Write an extension with a CURL get
function that fetches some HTML from a server elsewhere that would
allow me to do AJAX fetches from that server using javascript supplied
from that server.

It's not happening. I get back status = 0 as if MediaWiki appears to
that server like a file:// or something.

I can call the same URL the CURL uses in a plain browser bar. I get
the HTML and then am able to get JSON strings back from the server,
but not when using the same html in MW.

Does any of that ring any bells?

Many thanks in advance.
Jack