[Mediawiki-l] Images not displaying

Richard Yonck ryonck at att.net
Sun Feb 14 18:28:01 UTC 2010

 MediaWiki version: 1.10.1
 PHP version: 5.2.9
 MySQL version: 5.0.89

A recent failed upgrade of cpanel broke my installation, requiring a
reinstall of perl and mysql. Following this, images no longer displayed on
my wiki pages - they just show as the namespace and filename, i.e.,
Image:Filename.jpg inline with the text. No error is reported related to the
image. Drilling down to the actual image location will display the image in
the browser window.

Since this happened and I couldn't fix it, I migrated the installation to a
new server (more memory, fresh install) expecting the issue to be resolved
but it hasn't. I use GD and have tried the following:

1. Installed ImageMagic and made appropriate changes to LocalSettings.php -
no change, reverted to GD settings.
2. Tweaked PHP
3. ran /scripts/rebuildImages.php - no errors, but 0 of 66 images changed.
Likewise oldimages
4. ran the following on the image table:
  ALTER TABLE image ADD COLUMN img_name2 varchar(255);
  UPDATE image SET img_name2=img_name;
  UPDATE image SET img_name=img_name2;
  ALTER TABLE image DROP COLUMN img_name2;
5. uploaded a new image and attempted to include in a page without success

I understand the MW version is old, but I have a lot of custom extensions,
etc that I don't want to have to rewrite so I don't want to upgrade. And I
seriously doubt it would change the image issue. (I haven't made any mods to
the MW install itself.) Note: Some of my extensions on some pages (not Home)
need to be adjusted since the migration, but the image problem is identical
to what was happening on the old server. Ideas anyone?