[Mediawiki-l] Extensions in SVN looking for a maintainer

Siebrand Mazeland s.mazeland at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 12 19:00:45 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I have done a scan of our current bugzilla settings, and there are 45 or so named extensions that are currently present in the MediaWiki Subversion extensions/ folder without a maintainer. Instead, the default maintainer is used for new issues (wikibugs-l at lists.wikimedia.org). This decreases the changes that the reported issues will ever get any attention.

I would like to call upon you to adopt an extension.

If you want to adapt an extension and current have:
(a) commit access: please e-mail me your Bugzilla e-mail address, and I will add you as a maintainer and assign existing open issues to you trusting that you will address them properly.
(b) no commit access: please e-mail "commit-access-requests at wikimedia.org"[1] to request it. Once approved, do as in (a) above.

Would also appreciate information about any extension in this list that may be obsolete on MediaWiki trunk; this will allow us to tag it in trunk and remove it after branching the next MediaWiki version.

Cheers!

Siebrand

[1] http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2010-February/046741.html

List of extensions used by Wikimedia without a Bugzilla maintainer:
* Cite 	The Cite special page and parser hook extensions.
* CodeReview 	CodeReview extension for SVN post-commit review.
* ContributionTracking 	Fundraising information tracking/display frontend.
* ExpandTemplates 	ExpandTemplates extension
* Makebot 	Special:Makebot extension
* Makesysop 	The Makesysop special page extension.
* MediaFunctions 	MediaFunctions extension
* Newuserlog 	The Newuserlog extension.
* Nuke 	The Nuke special page extension.
* ParserFunctions 	ParserFunctions extension
* Quiz 	Quiz extension for MediaWiki
* ScanSet 	The ScanSet parser hook extension.
* SiteMatrix 	Wikimedia site matrix
* texvc 	The texvc module which renders <math> formulae.
* WikiHiero 	The WikiHiero (hieroglyphics) extension.

List of extensions without a Bugzilla maintainer:
* AskSQL 	The AskSQL special page extension.
* BackAndForth 	The BackAndForth extension.
* BadImages 	Bad Image List extension
* BotQuery 	The bot query API (query.php)
* ConfirmEdit 	The ConfirmEdit CAPTCHA extension.
* Contributors 	Contributors extension
* CountEdits 	CountEdits extension
* CrossNamespaceLinks 	The CrossNamespaceLinks special page extension.
* Desysop 	Desysop extension
* DismissableSiteNotice 	Dismissable Site Notice extension
* DoubleWiki 	The DoubleWiki extension.
* DynamicPageList 	DynamicPageList extension (not DynamicPageList2, which is not in use at Wikimedia)
* DynamicPageList2 	Dynamic page list. Two!
* Editcount 	The Editcount special page extension.
* Espionage 	The Espionage extension.
* Eval 	The Eval special page extension.
* FCKeditor 	FCKeditor WYSIWYG extension.
* FootNote 	FootNote extension
* GIS 	The GIS extension.
* Glossary 	Glossary extension (not maintained in Wikimedia SVN)
* Highlight 	The Highlight parser hook extension.
* Nogomatch 	The Nogomatch logging extension.
* PageCSS 	The PageCSS parser hook extension.
* Patroller 	Patroller extension
* RandomImage 	RandomImage extension
* Sort 	Sort extension
* Spam Blacklist 	Spam blacklist extension
* Tasks 	The Tasks extension
* Throttle 	The Throttle extension.
* UsernameBlacklist 	Username Blacklist extension
* UserRightsNotif 	UserRightsNotif extension
* WhiteList 	WhiteList extension