[Mediawiki-l] how to show {{displaytitle}} for links

Gurmeet gomikochar at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 07:04:47 UTC 2010

Because this is the way it is from the beginning. Moreover, this
'What is MediaWiki' thing I used was just an example. The only thing I'm trying to accomplish is that if alternate text is given to the link,
the alternate text is used, otherwise the title which was set using
DISPLAYTITLE magic word is used.

Gurmeet Kochar wrote:
> For all my articles I set a
{{displaytitle}} to change the article heading. Let's say, for an
article with Title 'Mediawiki', my {{displaytitle}} is 'What is
MediaWiki'.

> All works fine as far as heading is
concerned but when i have a link inside an article as [[Mediawiki]], the display title does not get displayed.

> Setting up a
hook for LinkBegin/End doesnt help as there is no way to find out if
alternate text was used e.g. [[Mediawiki | Learn more about MediaWiki]].

> Can someone please suggest other ways for the parser to show
{{displaytitle}} instead of Title::getPrefixedText()? But it should use
{{displaytitle}} only if no alternate text was used.