[Mediawiki-l] how to show {{displaytitle}} for links

Gurmeet Kochar gomikochar at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 8 19:34:21 UTC 2010

For all my articles I set a {{displaytitle}} to change the article heading. Let's say, for an article with Title 'Mediawiki', my {{displaytitle}} is 'What is MediaWiki'.

All works fine as far as heading is concerned but when i have a link inside an article as [[Mediawiki]], the display title does not get displayed.

Setting up a hook for LinkBegin/End doesnt help as there is no way to find out if alternate text was used e.g. [[Mediawiki | Learn more about MediaWiki]].

Can someone please suggest other ways for the parser to show {{displaytitle}} instead of Title::getPrefixedText()? But it should use {{displaytitle}} only if no alternate text was used.

Gurmeet Kochar (via iPhone)