[Mediawiki-l] Developer needed to adapt Nimbus extension

George Alexandru Dudău george.dudau at mobexpert.ro
Sun Feb 7 19:53:54 UTC 2010

Pe 07.02.2010 14:00, mediawiki-l-request at lists.wikimedia.org a scris:
> Hi!
>
> Hi! I'm looking for someone who could adapt the Nimbus extension (
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Nimbus) to the following need : the
> tag cloud should be based on the most wanted articles and not on categories.
> Of course this could be a paid job. This would be for Wikimini, a french
> encyclopedia written by children. As this is a non profit project, I need a
> good quote:-)
>
> Would someone be interested?
>
> Thank you for your kind attention and sorry for my poor english!
>
> Laurent
> http://wikimini.org

Hi, I have a simle solution:

1. line 89

Original code:
            $exclude_condition = " WHERE cl_to NOT IN (";

Modified code:
             $exclude_condition = " WHERE pl_title NOT IN (";

2. line 100

Original code:
     // Get top categories in order of popularity (quantity of links)
     $sql = "SELECT cl_to as title, COUNT(*) as count FROM
{$dbr->tableName( 'categorylinks' )} " . $exclude_condition . " GROUP BY
cl_to HAVING count >= $min_count ORDER BY count DESC LIMIT $max_items";

Modified code:
     // Get top categories in order of popularity (quantity of links)
     $sql = "SELECT pl_title as title, COUNT(*) as count FROM
{$dbr->tableName( 'pagelinks' )} " . $exclude_condition . " GROUP BY
pl_title HAVING count >= $min_count ORDER BY count DESC LIMIT $max_items";

3. line 137

Original code:
         $currentRowP = "<a
href='http://{$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']}/wiki/index.php?title=Category:{$title->getText()}'
style='$textSizeP' color='$color'
hicolor='$hicolor'>{$title->getText()}</a>";

Modified code:
         $currentRowP = "<a
href='http://{$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']}/wiki/index.php/{$title->getText()}'
style='$textSizeP' color='$color'
hicolor='$hicolor'>{$title->getText()}</a>";

This will show only pages from main namespace. There is a problem (not
solved yet) with special caracters (for me ț and ș). I think it's a
flash problem.

Good luck,
Geo

--