[Mediawiki-l] Image Permission Issues

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 00:34:20 UTC 2010

Lennie Jarratt wrote:
> I am running into the following issue on judgepedia.org.
>
>            First I log into the site and can traverse any page I want fine
>            I go to Upload File and upload an image.  The image is
> uploaded, but I am logged out.  I attempt to go to any File page and I
> am logged out everytime.  I cannot change a File now of any type
> because of this.  It is happening for all users.
>
> Things I have tried:
>
> 1.  Changing the file permissions on disk  (No change)
> 2.  Added the following to .htaccess to cache sessions on disk
>          php_value session.cache_expire 10800
>          php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 10800
>          php_value session.save_path /mypath/session   (yes, I created
> this directory with 777 perms)
>    - This broke logins across the site
>
> Thanks for the suggestions/help in advance.
>
> Lennie

That's odd.
Does it happen only when uploading or just by visitn a page on the File
namespace?
Try disabling all extensions and checking if the problem is still there.

Also, you seem to be using Varnish cache and is mediawiki is detecting
the ip as in the 172.16.0.0/12 range. You should add its ips at
$wgSquidServersNoPurge /$wgSquidServers. There were changes today to
mediawiki which should allow it to play better with Varnish. Expect them
at next release.