No subject

Fri Dec 10 13:58:20 UTC 2010

TeX: texvc.exe "D:\inetpub\Marketing\w\images\tmp"
"D:\inetpub\Marketing\w\images\math" "E=mc^3" "UTF-8" "transparent"

TeX output:

I get TeX: is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file

If I remove the : after TeX I get

This is TeX, Version 3.1415926 (MiKTex 2.9)

(D:\inetpub\Marketing\w\texvc.exe

!Missing $ inserted.

<inserted text>

$

<to be read again>

^^A

1.1   .^@^^@^^@^^N^^_^^ba^^N^^@^^b4^^I^^cd!^^b8^^A

L^^cd!This Program Cannot .

?

Now I'm sure that means something to somebody - it doesn't to me. I'm trying
real hard to make this work - but why is it so difficult?

Any help would be appreciated

Sandy

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When I type in the above command I get an error with the TeX: - if I take
the : out

> Well after two days of mucking with texvc - I finally got it to build

> and I moved the exe up to the main MediaWiki site per the directions

Is texvc.exe in "{IP}/math/", where {IP} is the root of your wiki? You
should be able to enter the command prompt, change to the root folder of
your wiki, and type "math\texvc". If you can't, you should probably copy it
there.

Thank you,
Sandy Ryan
Auburn SeeWolf llc
Providing custom software solutions to improve your company's efficiency and
increase profits.
505-332-9340 (v)
505-934-0684 (c)
505-332-9365 (f)