[Mediawiki-l] 403 Forbidden

The Evil IP address theevilipaddress at hotmail.de
Sat Dec 25 10:54:55 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,
since some two weeks or so, I have tried to install a working version of the trunk on my localhost that can be accessed with a web browser. I use a Ubuntu 10.04 with the GNOME desktop environment, so at first I've tried to install the mediawiki package from Synaptic, until I noticed that this is only MediaWiki 1.15.1, not sufficient for me. Setting this version up worked for me, i.e. there are no problems with the environment or the MySQL databases.
To get it working with the trunk, I have done these steps:
* Got the current version from SVN:svn checkout http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/phase3/ /var/www/wiki/* Opened http://localhost/wiki/config/index.php in my browser, which gave me the following error:Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wiki/config/index.php
on this server.

Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80
Now I am wondering if you might be aware of the causes of this error and how to fix it. I'd be thankful for advice.
Cheers,

The Evil IP address