[Mediawiki-l] wiki editor with highlight, go to closing brace and so on

Juriy Katkov katkov.juriy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 08:44:36 UTC 2010

Hello!
Does the editor for wiki markup exists?
I always edit wiki pages with a standard web-editor where we have a text
field and some buttons for quickly add links, bold/italic font and so on.
Another way is to use WYSIWYG editor like FCK.
Is there an online or offline editor designed especially for complicated
wiki markup i.e in templates? What I'm interested mostly is:
* highlight features - highlight template parameters, reserved words and
mediawiki variables
* movings on braces - when I stay in the opening brace (it could be '{',
'{{', '[[' and so on ) I can go to the closing brace ('}', '}}', ']]')
* validate the markup - displaying errors like (Like 'sorry, you missed the
closing '}}'. Opening '{{' is on line 44, symbol 6)
* autocompletion
* hotkeys for template parameters, variables and so on
Some of these features Halo Extension can provide. Does anyone knows other
solutions?

Sincerely yours,

Yury V. Katkov
Laboratory of intelligent systems
of the Saint-Petersburg National University of Information Technologies,
Mechanics and Optics, Russia
http://ailab.ifmo.ru