[Mediawiki-l] Calendar extension

Bruce Whealton bruce at futurewavedesigns.com
Mon Dec 20 05:03:09 UTC 2010

Hello all,
           I guess this is a SMW and a general MW question.  I was looking
at the page:
Extension:Semantic Result Formats/calendar format and it gave at the bottom
a link here:
http://discoursedb.org/wiki/Opinion_calendar
Looking at the source of the page made me feel like something was seriously
missing and I had no idea how the calendar is appearing.  Does this rely on
a different 3rd party extension?
Speaking of calendars, this is the best calendar I found:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Calendar_(Kenyu73)
Unfortunately the page says the creator is moving away from that.  Ok, so I
clicked on the new replacement for this and it is warning me it is in beta
and not ready.
So, what is the best choice for a nice calendar on a site that would allow
users to enter information easily.  I mean is there a learning curve for
people to use this Calendar?  If you had users that were somewhat or quite
self-declared non-tech savvy, what would you do?
Thanks, in advance, for the advice,
Bruce