[Mediawiki-l] Missing word "Editing" in front of titles?

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Fri Dec 3 14:57:28 UTC 2010

After upgrading from 1.15.3 to 1.16.0, on the edit page, the page title is missing the word "Editing". For example, when editing article Foo, the edit page title should be "Editing Foo" but it's just "Foo". This happens in both monobook and vector skins and even when I disable our extensions.

I did some PHP backtracing and found that setPageTitle is being called twice on the edit page, and the second time, the "Editing" is gone . Anybody know what is going on? Wikipedia doesn't have the problem. I searched bugzilla and didn't find a bug on this.

Trace 1, with title set to "Editing Foo":
setPageTitle
setHeaders
showEditForm
edit